Craobh Úll Mór Nua Eabhrac
Craobh Úll Mór (“Big Apple”) CCÉ is the New York City Branch of Comhaltas Ceoltoirí Éireann. We are one of the most active in the Mid-Atlantic region and host or sponsor activities year-round:
- Monthly CÉILÍ / house party (offering both céili and set dancing) on the FOURTH SATURDAY of each month, September – June, at 8:00 pm with live music provided by Ceol na gCroí Céilí Band. On the same evening, we offer:
- 7 pm, RANG RINCE SEIT (a set dance mini-lesson)
- 7 pm, RANG GAEILGE (Irish language class)
- CONCERTS and MUSIC WORKSHOPS featuring some of the NYC area’s most well-known and respected musicians: John Nolan, Linda Hickman, Brendan Fahey, Jerry O’Sullivan, James Keane, Tom Dunne, Margie Mulvihill, John Reynolds, Annmarie Acosta, Don Meade, Bernadette Fee and more. We have also hosted MICHAEL TUBRIDY, PETER MAGUIRE, and CRAOBH NAITHÍ CCÉ (a Dublin-based Branch of Comhaltas). These events are fundraisers for the Branch and the New York Irish Center.
- All of our activities and events are hosted by and held at the New York Irish Center of Queens, 10-40 Jackson Avenue (btw 50th Ave & Vernon Blvd), Long Island City, Queens, easily accessible from the 7 subway and with ample free parking available. Discounted admission for all CCÉ members.
- Cathaoirleach (Chair) — Maureen Donachie
- Rúnaí (Secretary) — Stephanie Lutz
- Cisteoir (Treasurer) — Christine Goodwin
- Oifigeach Caidreamh Poibi (Public Relations Officer) — Maureen Donachie
- Iniuchoir (Auditor) — Mary Ellen Shevlin
- Treoraí na Gaeilge (Irish Language Officer) — Mary Ellen Shevlin
- Delegates to the Regional Board — Maureen Donachie & Ed Shevlin
To contact the Úll Mór branch, send an email to UllMor@comhaltas.net.